Bizzy Bees pre-school is open to children between the ages of 2 to 5 years. Our pre-school was first established in 1990 and has developed an excellent reputation within the local community. We pride ourselves on having a positive and encouraging influence on our children at Bizzy-Bees, which motivates them to play, learn and engage with their peers. Our aim is to facilitate the children's cognitive growth and development, prepare them for primary school and develop their social and emotional awareness. We maintain excellent links with primary schools in the area.
Bizzy Bees is registered with the London Borough of Bromley Early Years and Childcare Service and complies with their regulations. We are registered with OFSTED, members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance and we are fully insured.
We have qualified members of staff who are First Aid trained. Staff attend courses to keep up to date with current trends. For more information, please see our staff page.
What we offer...
A warm and welcoming environment.
Music, dancing, educational visits and much more….
Visits to the local community including our local library and allotment visits.
Regular talks from local professionals about oral health, fire safety and road safety.
A forest play area and small area for gardening.
A huge sports field for the children to play and take part in outdoor activities. This is where we hold our sports day.
Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in your own child’s progress.
Adult led activities and child initiated activities, which are planned from our observations.
We encourage a love for books through our reading corner, story time and books suggestions at home.
Activities with the children in small groups.
An open door policy for parents to speak to their child's key worker about the progress of their child.
Excellent links with local primary schools.
We are a happy committed team, qualified and highly experienced in child care.
Bizzy Bees Pre-School provides a safe, happy, stimulating and educational environment, in which children are valued as unique individuals, supported by caring, experienced and qualified practitioners.
Learning through play and interaction in a place where they have empowerment over their environment. We promote an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement, where children are prepared for their next steps in learning, so that they are happy, confident, creative, sociable and enthusiastic learners, who look forward to challenges.
A strong partnership between home and preschool is created, liaising closely with parents, other professionals and our community
• Ensure that the welfare of each individual child in our care is paramount and forms the basis of our practice.
• Promote the way in which children learn through play and first hand experiences and arrange the setting environment to facilitate this aim.
• Enable children to develop confidence, self esteem and resilience.
• Plan for and develop the individual needs of each child in our care through support from our practitioners and a Keyworker system
• All staff act as positive role models for the children in our care.
• Act in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles and Commitments.
• Always recognise that parents and carers are the first and most enduring educators of their child.
• Create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for all individuals who use our pre-school.
• Ensure that all individuals, children and adults alike, can enjoy our pre-school environment without judgment or discrimination from others.
• Accommodate the individual needs of all who access our pre-school, irrespective of ethnic heritage, social and economic background, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
• Listen to the views of all; children, parents, employees and other professionals.
• Continually reflect upon practice; as a setting and as individuals to ensure continual improvement of the provision.
• At all times comply with relevant National and Local legislation and guidance.
• Implement our policies and procedures consistently and review them as deemed necessary and at least annually.